Friday, 13 July 2007

Remember the curse of the lilac?

Its still working.....seven months into 2007 and the bad luck remains stuck in the groove!
The Jeep has failed its MOT in truly spectacular style! The estimate for the repairs exceeds £1200, the next day my car failed as well! ********* choose any swear word you like I think I have probably used a few in the last couple of days!! The roof on the sheep trailer fell in as well....now we have sides and no roof but no Jeep to pull it anyway!!

On the plus side the shearers have been AT LAST! The girls look very smart now...but will probably get pneumonia because the temperature has dived again and yes ...its raining ..AGAIN! I was at work so missed the fun...first time I have ever missed it! We tore off into mid Wales last weekend to find some more Torddu sheep ...found some beautiful young ladies but in view of above unexpected financial drain have had to ring and cancel the order...grrrrr!

I have only just realised that our holiday is creeping up very fast...I thought we had a couple of weeks to get ready ......Errrr NO! Next Friday night we have got to be packed and ready for the off first thing on Saturday morning to Dorset!!! That sort of came round very fast without me looking!

Youngest son decided to have a one man mutiny this week as well and flatly refused to go for his interview for a back up place at a local College! My baby pulled himself up to his full 6 feet and just said firmly and quietly...'I AM NOT GOING' ...there was me spluttering and squawking all over the place...and.......he never went!! Fingers crossed he gets the place at his first choice ...because he has not got a fall back position now! The girlfriend and the little green bracelet have been relegated to a 'no go' area. They have gone!

Middle son is like a caged animal...still off work after hand operation and his girlfriend is in Spain on a girlie holiday, our last conversation went like, 'Have you heard from O?' ......'Yep...and before you ask... she says she's behaving herself and thinking of me ...and do I believe her....nope!' wish I'd never asked.

The mines in the village are open on Sunday...could be good for a laugh ...they are all full of water..so we are having a mini market for local produce and crafts. That would be fine except all I have got for my stall are four jars of burnt marmalade, the fruit in the garden is covered in mildew and I haven't got a vehicle to find a PYO that may be open if not under water!

Can't get the image thing to open tonight.... so no pictures of woolly women after visit to hairdressers!

Oooooooooooooooooooh I give up where's the bottle opener!!!!!

16 comments:

bodran... said...

Hello i havent read it cos i want to watch diy sos i'll read it tomorrow....x

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. You are having some rotten luck. At least you have the holiday to look forward to. They do have a habit of creeping up on you don't they? A bit like birthdays and Christmas really!!

bodran... said...

Back again, wish i hadnt watched it now after what he did with his nose! yuk
It made me laugh the mines being full of water,it's a bit like our duck race tomorrow there wasn't enough water last year to get em' moving..
Typicaly problems never come alone especially ones which cost money..xxoo

Anonymous said...

I'll look out of my window and get the picture of naked sheep, the tups scrambling near the fence to shelter, typical men!

Your son is very determined isn't he! It's sometimes that determination that gets us where we want to be.

Crystal xx

mountainear said...

I once had a friend - from Doncaster - who used to say 'I'm that fed up - ah cud raght BUM ont wharl' (apologies to all Yorkshire folk but i'm struggling to put it into words) And it did seem to express p****d-off-ness to T. Hope the holiday lives up to its promise. Forget the image thing it sounds as if the bottle opening thing will be more useful!

PS Thanks for note about the mines - I've got a trip 'down' organised for the 19th - I'd better check if they will be water free by then.

CAMILLA said...

Hello SS,
Thank you so much for commenting on my blogs. Oh drat, cars are a problem are'nt they, I know our Dear WW has a Jeep in her swop shop, but I dont think it is a "runner".

I love your pictures, and so too those glorious PINK flowers. Your Tea/Room - Book shop near you sounds wonderful, I wish there was one like that near me.
Camilla.x

Annie said...

Hi, I'm sat here grinning at the stubborness of the youth in the family. Its a trait my other half says I have [though I like to call it determination] and believe me when I had my new knee it helped a lot. They said I was to have it to a 90 degree bend by 6 weeks and I managed 105 degrees by day 5. I know you will have had lots of determination through life so lets just keep our fingers crossed that his first choice comes up trumps and he's made a wise decision. Good luck x

LITTLE BROWN DOG said...

Oh, snailbeachlady - you are having some rotten luck. Mind you, my car failed its MOT and I hadn't even had any lilac in the house. Apparently the fog lamp was broken. Do you know, in the fourteen years I've had that car, I've never once used the fog lamp - didn't even know I had one! Hope you manage to get your jeep fixed- must be a right pain being without transport.

By the way, the oat cookies were delicious. And I've just made a coconut version of them today - mmmmm.

Omega Mum said...

so who minds the shop when you are away? You sound so calm with everything else going on in your life......Am terribly impressed.

muddyboots said...

ah ha, that explains all... friday 13th!

Cait O'Connor said...

I am sure things will soon start to look up for you.
Farmers here are worrying because they can't do the silage or hay. Luckily my daughter and son in law have not booked a holiday until October.

Maggie Christie said...

Hi SBS, thanks for your lovely comments on my blog! I put on my wellies and stamped on loads of Welsh slugs! I feel better now. Poor you with the berludy cars and the trailer. At least you have a holiday to look forward to - have a brilliant time. It must stop raining soon. It must! xxx PM.

mountainear said...

Meant to say - re your comment chez mois - that yes, it is Nick Southwick who is our tour guide. Hope the water doesn'y go over our wellies!

Pondside said...

OH dear - it's all very Friday the thirteen-ish! Cars are the bain of my existance. We always have one out of commission. At 1230 am yesterday it was Lillypad's ancient VW Rabbit. The Great Dane had to haul himself out of bed and go to the rescue.
re the sons - I like a little stubborness - ultimately shows character!

mrsnesbitt said...

Holidays...................a great place to visit, not long now!

Bluestocking Mum said...

ONly just caught up with you. Sorry, am so busy with orders and trying to get everything done before kids break up+trip to Northumberland next week!!

What a Friday 13th! Son sounds like a chip off the old block!

I do miss your blogs now you are back at work...

warmest wishes
xx