
What a beautiful day! The sun shone from a cloudless sky and the air was antiseptic in its cleanliness. I had to make a foray down into the foggy village in the valley for supplies - it was dark and gloomy. An atmosphere hangs as heavy as the fog in the village after tragedy struck in the early hours of New Years Day and two families have to come to grips with the aftermath.

I scuttled around the quiet shops and was soon back up in the sunshine. The frost glittered on every branch and twig and I was itching for my turn with the camera. The juniour shepherd had to relinquish it as he was destined for a logging trip. I was let loose with my own camera - WOW! So under the pretext of breaking a new pair of boots in I set off with the dog around the tracks and paths - it was wonderful. I was out there for hours - until the batteries went flat! As I made for home I realised the boots were rubbing like hell. The intrepid loggers appeared back, whereupon junior shepherd put a fresh set of batteries in and was back outside as dusk fell. He even met the fox who decimated our flock of chickens but all he had was a camera.

I think I lost the plot completely just before Christmas as I find little piles of lists and half written Christmas cards all over the place - I wonder if I could have a personal organiser to sort me out next year because I have decided I am useless at Christmas preparations - we get there - just! Wing and a prayer and tree up on Christmas morning - the turkey will arrive fully clothed one year - I just know it. Oh well bung the half ticked list on the log burner and better get writing letters to those folk whose cards are still here - this is her that fully intended to make her own cards - dont make me laugh! This is her that managed to loose 15 jars of marmalade for goodness sake!

The last two pics are from junior shepherd and we compromised with a shared slide show below!

so its goodnight from me and goodnight from him and if its a nice day tomorrow there will be more fighting over the camera........



15 comments:
A slide show! What next?? I am still trying to figure out Picassa and may just dump it - too complicatedm but I sure would like to make a slide show.
Your weather looks gorgeous. It's sunny and snowing big fat flakes here. No end to this winter-from-another-country here.
Junior shepherd's 'star and branch picture' is a gem. Pat him on the back.
Who would want to live in the valleys on a day like today? I told someone where we lived - and how wonderful the weather was there as opposed to the gloomy fog of Montgomery and he just murmured 'Ah, but that's God's own country....'
I loved your photos and the slide show. Aren't we lucky to have this weather and such beauty around us?
Beautiful star shining bright.
Worry not about as yet unsent Christmas cards. I do wonder where that marmalade might have gone!
This season is such a challenge and an inspiration. I love to try to do that little bit extra, and if it is done...fantastic. If not, well, I did manage some of one of my lists!
The picture of the icy tree (perhaps a willow sort of tree...remember I am in a city) is so lovely, an inspiration for fireworks. But better than any fireworks.
xo
Oh Yes, sbs, we were in brilliant sunshine too. I went over to see a friend who lives near Holmes Chapel in cheshire and on the plain it was gloomy pretty much all day long. we had apparently sat in the blue and silver all day, like you.
Love your blog. We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful winter wonderland. Every day has been a gem and your photos capture the moment. Such talent - both of you!
Junior shepherd is very talented, must take after his Mam!
Maybe you could use some of the pics to make Christmas cards... ready for next year.
Excellent pictures - particularly like the last one.
it is so good to be alive on such beautiful days isn't it.
Hmmmm losing fifteen jars of marmalade is pretty impressive even by my standards.
. . sob . . . I can't see the slide show - where is it?
More gorgeous pictures, SBS - really beautiful. As for Christmas, I reckon it would probably happen even if you chucked your tick-list on the woodburner at the beginning of December. At least I think I'm going to try that next year.
xx
Lovely pics, whoever was responsible.
Still giggling over your description of Christmas! Lovely pics SBS and a happy New Year to you xx
G'day from Australia - that first shot looks like a Constable painting.
Beautiful photos! I enjoyed looking at your blog.
Splendid photo's. And a rather belated happy new year to you!
Post a Comment