
.......................through May and before we know it it's June!
My 'gardening' exploits are the talk of the neighbourhood. The designated area is now known as Steptoe's yard for obvious reasons. Two unwanted tractor tyres hold my potatoes and runner beans. Old tin baths are resplendant with peas and French beans while a collection of sheep feed buckets hold courgettes, lettuces, leeks, squash and tomatoes. Metal wastepaper bins are full of sweet peas and a dustbin has been sown with carrots. A large galvanised water tank has radish, rocket and lettuce plus a patio rose. Toby planted an old car wheel very carefully with radishes then got excited and threw two handfuls up in the air over us both - bless! You can guarantee at least a couple of folk leaning on the fence in the evening having a bit of a larf - but bless 'em they have crept back and left me some spare plants - I think they are trying to see what they will end up in. Thanks to the weather everything is growing like mad, these photographs were on day 1 - it's a lot different now!




The shepherd has taken up fishing with a vengence, I end up as the ghillie but in these beautiful surroundings I don't mind, its just the precarious balancing on a slipping bank with a net full of a writhing fish starts making me feel less than comfortable. He can't do a thing wrong this year the fish seem to jump at him shouting 'take me - take me' (nice change for the poor old shepherd)

The swans have had six cygnets this year but dear me she has been a careless mother in the past - sometimes she has hatched nine only to finish up with two. Fingers crossed.

The street party season is upon us again - so we just have a nice little local one just to get some practice in so to speak. - look what the drinks table is - a cable reel. Its catching on this recycling lark. It was a lovely evening and as dusk fell we all had a go at playing the violin whilst the more musical played classical guitars. A tiny little girl sat with her arm around our dog telling her long and convoluted stories about unicorns, Kim listened to every word and never moved but probably had nightmares.


nother practice party next weekend for a joint birthday, I think trout is on the menu - well there's surprise.

I have decided - Big groan from the dining table whenever I utter those three words - it usually means work. But no - nobody else is involved just me. I need to finish things wot have been started. This week I finished my course of physiotherapy on my shoulder, I sent in my last assignment for OU course -( we'll see if that comes back with 'whimsical' splarted all over it.) I have rooted out two half made garments that I got fed up with and have restyled them and FINISHED them all bar the hems. THE IRONING BASKET IS EMPTY! Now just the bathroom to do, scrub the patio, a lot of work on a local history project and then I can go on holiday before a new grandchild makes an entrance. Never a dull moment here.

Mountainear - its still flowering - pic taken today!


11 comments:
You are in the vanguard SBS - it's all the thing over here to make planting containers from found objects - love the bar too!
Hi, I've just found your blog and am enjoying browsing immensely. Good luck with the harvest - i'm sure you'll have loads. Let's hope Mother Swan has developed better parenting skills this year!
Beautiful it is too - definitely a clematis worth its keep.
Wish some of your resolve to finish projects could rub off on me!
The same comment as before: my, but you are a busy bee. How you find time to take pictures - and such pretty ones - and blog too, is a mystery to me.
I need to go and lie down for a bit just from reading this lovely post.
I want to join the purple coo lot. Fennie has pointed me in the right direction, I hope. I'm not sure that I'm bright enough to find my way though.
Fabulous photos, SBS. All your activity is making me feel quite slothful - have so many half-finished projects dotted around various parts of the house I hardly know where to begin. Hope you're enjoying all those fish suppers. Excellent blogging, as always.
Such a beautiful place your live. I am glad to have it.
Hey there girl you've been busy!!
I'm all for recycling i'll show you a paper clip of me one day.
The title was "Bath lady of Bodran" i'll leave it to your imagination..
love the photo of the little girl and doggy xx
Fab post SBS. Let them laugh at you, they will be laughing not when your produce is cropping! In the 80's I had a coffee table made from half an old cable reel, quite a talking point.
Could use a couple or three of those tractor tyres myself.
Let them laugh, you will have tasty produce for your efforts. Well done you!
Brilliant! as always, love the table, and for those that laugh, well, laugh while ye may, me thinks our SBS will be chuckling merrily with her harvest!
Now I see what you mean about the garden! It is great. Might be the way to go with my stony apology for a soil here too.
I love the photo of the child with dog.
Great to see you last week.
Post a Comment