Saturday, 1 January 2011

Happy New Year




The computer has today been retrieved from where it has been safely packed away to avoid brick dust and wet paint as we have been at the mercy of builders and decorators since the begining of December. It had been planned for October - say no more!


We have a much warmer house as a result and everywhere boasts a new coat of paint - 'TOO CLINICAL' squawked the junior shepherd when he eventually got her from Aberystwuth at the end of term! 'TOO POSH' uttered eldest son - 'ITS WARM' from middle son - so they are happy - as they arrive and depart with amazing regularity through the festive season - leaving the normal wet clothes, caving gear, football kit, towels, boots and the PUPPY called Lola to be seen to.


Our last puppy to leave left on Christmas Eve - Holly's owners had been unsucessfully trying to get back into the country for nearly a week - I have to admit that having had her for 16 weeks I was loath to see her go. There was definitely a lump in the throat that had nothing to do with a chest infection but she went happily off with her bag of toys to a very loving home. Peace again..............


Sadly we had to make a decision in October to sell all the remaining sheep. The end of an era as they will not be replaced. I suppose I ought to change the blog title or risk the wrath of Trades Description but I'll have to think on that for a while. The shepherd is sheepless for the first time ever and although very relieved not to have livestock in the recent wintry weather will undoubtedly be going cold turkey when it comes to the lambing season......


We did manage a trip to the winter fair on 29 November at Builth Wells in the snow - two sons and one girlf frollicked in the snow - idiots!


Meanwhile its that time of year and the old blowsy tart is back in the window winking invitingly at the passer's by like a fat bejewelled madam in an Amsterdam back street - we duly admired son and girlf's work of art which is their first Xmas tree n their first home - all symmetrical and colour coded and came home and laughed like loons at ours - its absolutely awful! I've told her - next year she's got a little job that needs doing ................


Happy New Year.......from Little Bo Peep who has lost her sheep.............

13 comments:

Molly said...

Somebody waved a magic wand - I was just hoping for another blog post and here it is! I feel a bit sad that the lambing era has ended for you. I really miss Big Bob and little Alice Knock Knees stories. On the other hand I can live forever with 'clinical' 'warm' and 'posh'!! Have a great 2011. xxx

Molly said...

Somebody waved a magic wand - I was just hoping for another blog post and here it is! I feel a bit sad that the lambing era has ended for you. I really miss Big Bob and little Alice Knock Knees stories. On the other hand I can live forever with 'clinical' 'warm' and 'posh'!! Have a great 2011. xxx

Molly said...

Oh heck I looked away and oops it posted twice :(

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

Yes! you have blogged again. so lovely to see you. Happy New year and all that. we have been having truly crap time but here is to a better 2011 with many borders meet ups!

Pondside said...

I love that doggie header - but just can't imagine you with no sheep. Will the two of you make it through lambing without succumbing to the lure of 'just one or two'?

bayou said...

That was certainly not an easy decision to let the sheep go. Perhaps you can give a hand when it comes to the lambing season to someone in need in your area?
So glad, you are back on stream with that PC and all the house warm and cosy. It really does make a difference, doesn't it?
My grandmother had so many many puppies who were sold, all educated gun dogs and then they were gone. She cried with every single one who left the house. My puppies were only young when they went into a new home, but I know exactly the feeling. And that Springer is just so similar to the one I had long ago :-))).

Jayne said...

My dining room looks like that and i am not having any work done.
Sorry about your sheep i am sure you will miss them.
Have left a message on PCoo.

TIGGYWINKLE said...

Sorry to hear your shepherding days have come to an end. Loved you lambing posts. The dogs are all adorable. I'm on a mad decluttering bender, and we took advantage of our painter being able to walk to us in the snow to do extra painting but found the shifting of stuff exhausting.Still,nothing like fresh paint for a lift.You'd want to see the attic I have to attach this month! Happy 2011, and maybe the Welsh crew might take a trip over to Dublin this year.I must get back to blogging.

Cait O'Connor said...

Happy New Year SBS!

Annie said...

Hello from me down in the valley. Best stay away from the bugs down here and enjoy that clean fresh air up in those hills even if you are sheepless now. Lovely to see how the family is growing up and becoming independant.
Happy New Year to one and all,
Hugs,
A x

mountainear said...

Glad to see you back in blog land. All the best for 2011.

A meet up soon I hope.

Faith said...

Happy New Year SBS - you are back blogging and one reolution of mine is to get back to reading blogs! I think C. trees with all the old decs on are lovely, I don't go for that designer look at all! Love the doggies in the top pic!

Posie said...

Happy New Year, I am sure there will be many sheep rituals that you will have great pleasure in not having to partake in any more....like when the lambing goes well and then half of them die just for the fun of it, or when you finally get those fat lambs to market, only to find the prices have dropped yet again...I know it will be a big wrench though as it is a way of life...we struggle on with ours, for now!
Would love a colour coordinated tree...you couldn't send her up here to do mine too could you??
Best wishes,
Posie