Saturday, 16 April 2011

spring is sprung..............



...........I think I have seen bits and pieces of it anyway. Life has been ......well.......slightly unhinged of late. A friend kindly informed me that I have been postively evil recently...OK, perhaps I have. Put it down to the grieving process, the Probate company that are supposedly the bees knees wanting the deeds to the local care home, too much work, an ironing pile from the alps, worrying about the little family in the valley, I have taken more than this in my stride in the past but to put it bluntly this time- yours truly is knackered - and its only April.

We should be lambing now but at least this year the only lambing this shepherdess took part in was by courtesy of Kate Humble.....loved it. Didn't even get my hands dirty for once.

The village is in a fighting mood - the school is under threat, the toilets got a reprieve at the 11th hour, the church and chapels have dwindling congregations and spiralling costs, the road is slipping sideways down the hillside and the council haven't got the funds to pull it back up and on top of all that - pylons are thought to be a good idea for the valley - EVIL? Yes I DO feel evil.......

On top of all that being employed in the good old civil service means no pay rise for the nth year in a row, pension under threat and goalposts moving faster than pistons - snarl




So for a soothing afternoon I went to watch the shepherd fishing .........I took a book ,,,,,, The Wilding ......read half of it in the sun, watched the fish and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

8 comments:

Bluestocking Mum said...

Oh crikey. It sounds like you need some proper time out. How long until you go to Northumberland?? ;)

Thank the lord you're not lambing. Can you imagine. That said, I know how you must miss it. But Ms Humbles and Adam are quite wonderful.

Hang in there, you're nearly there sorting everything.
Look forward to catching up v soon in person.
D
xx

Blossomcottage said...

Take time to smell the roses my Mum used to say, and you know she was right we never have enough time for ourselves and it leaves us feeling sad and tired, with the world sitting firmly on our shoulders.
As for "evil" NO NOT EVER, and don't ever think it, you might be full of woes and finding life too much but not evil.
Take a walk smell the roses, the problems will still be there, the ironing high ( learn to shake and fold no one will notice) You will still feel like bashing the council on the nose, burying the government in the potholes that have not been repaired but you will find it easier to deal with.
Just one other thing don't clap you teeth together, drop your bottom jaw its nigh on impossible to feel angry and furious if you teeth and jaw are relaxed! :):):):)

Chris Stovell said...

Hmm, it's been a bit like that here too. You never get a break though, do you?

Take care, cx

Pondside said...

Good heavens SBS - you need to come over here and nap by the ponds, far from the upheaval in the valley, the collapsing road the excitement of the Royal Wedding!

Faith said...

Hope things improve soon SBS - surely this lovely weather must lift your spirits. I have a bad back, can hardly move - now that really IS evil! Hugs, Faith x

Fennie said...

Yes lifting of the spirits is called for. May will soon be here. Those trout look lovely. I've invented a new trout recipe in which I fry them with apricots and almonds.

bayou said...

Oh no! Now that spring is in the air, everything will be easier, you must only believe it. I can offer you a rest as well close to a pond but a little less far than V. Island... But no fishing there! Lovely trouts, mmmmhhhhhhh.

Fred said...

Not long now and TMBBITW will be waiting to weave her magic.
And as Bluestocking says, thank goodness you're not lambing.

See you soon, take care. x