Tuesday, 3 July 2007

Un Peu has tagged me....


Five tried and tested ways to drag a miserable soul out into the light of day...well its all to do with the endorphins.....isn't that a lovely word....endorphin...what a lovely name for a cat..mmmm....do not go there!


Anyway these endorphin things...when you feel like you've got more jagged edges than an industrial chainsaw ...or every limb feels as though its been cross threaded... its because the endorphins are lying there in your brain like two day old lumpy, cold, grey rice pudding...the trick is to turn the little swines into pink and perky little chaps and chappesses...and you can't do that by looking at the wall... burying your head under the duvet... and alcohol makes them even worse ...soooooooooo




1 Walk......for miles and miles...I am a lucky shepherdess living slap bang in the middle of a recognised 'area of outstanding natural beauty' and whether I walk alone, with a dog or with my little walking friend it matters not because within seconds of leaving the doorstep I am aware of my surroundings and how extremely lucky I am to live here, to be able to see beauty in the countryside, to be able smell the honeysuckle and the clover, to listen to the buzzards mewing above....
2 Have a good laugh.... might not want to....may even fight against it ...but whatever it is that makes a giggle emerge.. do it, Do it well until your sides ache and the tears drip off your chin and what's the first thing you say when the breath comes back......'Ooooo I do feel better for that!'

Victoria Wood singing......'Lets do it' will get me going anytime!


3 Be busy....make jam.... a boiling cauldron and jars cooling, twinkling like jewels along the window ledge. Job satisfaction.....nothing like it. So do something constructive and really appreciate the skills that you have that enable you to knit, sew, cook, garden, paint or potter....


4 Be still and know...... I go to our little Church at the end of our track and take part in the well known rituals of a service ...and listen to the age old words and well known phrases and find comfort in knowing that my parents did this before me and theirs before them and find peace in the smell of polish, stained glass windows, old books, hymns and prayers.....and should you shy at this ... at least remember the words of Max Ehrmann's Desederata... 'do not distress yourself with imaginings...many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness..'


5 All those outstanding jobs..the ironing basket..the airing cupboard..strip the wallpaper...with the CD full on.....'Islands in the Stream'.....'Yellow'......'Bobby McGee'...'Nessun Dorma' ......I can't sing to save my life but hell I can make a lot of noise!!"!!


Mmmmmm feel better now...about that cat I need to call Endorphin......

12 comments:

Omega Mum said...

It's cracking name for a cat. Crying out to be used. I've always thought 'Adrenalin' would be a nice name for a little girl, too.

Un Peu Loufoque said...

I just happen to have 4 small kttens all ready to be na,med endorphin hey you could call the boys serotonin!! I can gift wrap them and psot them air freight!!!

A superb list now tag 5 others!!!

You do know of course tha tpoor Loic will be blubbering with the pigs tonight as you didn't mention him as an natural endorphin!!

Eden said...

loved your five things. Especially the be still and know. I don't do near enough of the being still -- or (contradictory as this may sound) of the walking.

Pondside said...

Yes - I love your #4. I go on silent retreat every once in a while - it's a very big treat for me.

Annie said...

Love the blog and although I thought I'd known you for years I feel I am only just getting to know the real you. I'm impressed.
I'm sat here giggling about the naming of cats...there's always the French one that couldn't swim called 1-4 in French...I believe he sank

Chris Stovell said...

I'm very fond of ironing to music and have a good old sing along. I notice that Tom looks a bit pained when the ironing board comes out... can't think why.

snailbeachshepherdess said...

Aha Wipso..gotcha...
that's been bothering me for weeks!
Alterations-zips????

muddyboots said...

love the walk walk bit & silent bit.

Bluestocking Mum said...

Wish I could walk more!! Buzzards do mew don't they?!!I thought I was the only person who heard that!

You are funny-that was brill. It's funny but you really reminded me of Victoria Woods when I met you!!

btw-No sledgehammers in there anywhere either!!

warm wishes
xx

Grouse said...

As soon as I read V. W. ' 'lets do it!' A huge grin shot across my face! Inspired choice!

Annie said...

You got it Shepherdess. Happy sewing down in the village. Ive mutated from nurse, midwife, childminder to the best :-) and now tailoress....and now have very nearly 500 customers so look out for the balloons and celebrations. Feel free to call by even if you have to dig me out from under a wedding dress to make you a coffee.

Sally Townsend said...

Don't forget to e mail me, you are so going to love Dorset, fabulous walks, what me tease you all about the weather ? oooh no no no. Er, bit busy to respond to tag but will eventually .....