Right here is my eight, seven, five or whatever it is now.....
1. Have been a Parish Councillor for 5 years...some exiting topics include the provision of dog **** bins, (not yet) recycling, (not much) provision of benches, (not on your nelly) speed limits, (what speed limit?) street lights,(no never) illegal fishing, (no fish) planning matters..(does it?) and the deaths of unsuspecting house martins from flying into wind turbines..(do they? dont know haven't found one yet....a wind turbine or a dead house martin!) As you can tell the Vicar of Dibley is alive and well and shall I write the next series?
2. Represented Shropshire at Goldsmiths Hall on behalf of the St John Ambulance Brigade and met Duke of Gloucester. Only time persuaded into posh frock ...which my mum made...bless.
3. I adore toast ...don't care whats on it ....naked is fine ...just gimme gimme warm toast. Brown, white, granary, soda...not fussy just toast it!
4. I am allergic to white dogs....which is a pain because we have got one such creature. This foible means I do not have to sweep kennels out or wash dog beds....the last time I did it meant a hospital bed for a week! Pain for booking holiday cottages though ....'have any of the previous five tenants had a white dog?'
5. Still living within 5 miles of my family home..not a good traveller...and didn't grow out of it as expected. Long distance means loadsadrugs and loose a couple of days in the haze! As for flying.....cannot even imagine risking it. Big ships seem OK - fewer drugs needed...but never done a bad weather trip.
6. Open University student....love it! Have done Chemistry and Nutrition, Health and Social Care, Human Biology and the History of Medicine...having a year out this year....mistake...miss it.
7. Wanted to go to Art School....didn't....Wanted to be a Police woman ....didn't...started Nurse training....hated it! Yuk! Yuk! Yuk! Worked for Government Departments thereafter including...MAFF now the Department for Educating Farmers how to Ruin Agriculture....(well have you ever read the load of codswallop they send out?) and The Court Service which I think has been renamed since I have been off sick to something else ...
8. Main hobby ..making preserves ..well there's nothing like a couple of cauldrons boiling away is there headmistress? Make jars and jars of jams, jellies, marmalades, chutneys, pickles...you name it... I'll pickle it.....for the local visitor centre, for presents, for market stalls, for our cupboards..
there you go ...all done..can I go out and play now please?
Monday, 11 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Oooh, how interesting.
Shame about your allergy, must be a bind.
I wanted to go to Art School too-but I guess I am having my chance at being creative and crafting now.
Wonder if you ever sell your preserves/pickles at Church Stretton farmers market or anywhere else-I would come down and see you!
warm wishes
xx
coo lets swap recipes I love doing pickles and chutney, pickled my first onions this year, sad at my ageg and do a killer pickled mushroom relsihythingy wotsit.
Fascinating. How funny that you hated nurse training yet have done all those sciencey/mediciney OU courses! Maybe you should be a doctor instead!
Re breaking the lilac curse....you need to apologise to the lilac and then smudge yourself and the house very thoroughly......!!!!
Hello from New York, and thank you for your comments.
I was raised in Virginia, born in the western, more mountainous part of the state, but grew up in the suburbs of Richmond, the capital city. Left Virginia for New York immediately after graduating from college!
Funny that I should have been enjoying a delicious slice of toast just as I read your list. Then you mentioned preserves, etc.
I have never made any, but surely have devoured ... could it be tons by this time?
All of your blogs are so well and generously written. I imagine that you give many people a better perspective from which to examine their own complicated lives.
I won't write more to you now, but promise to be back in touch.
xo
love jam making too when not being an accountant (I keep this part of my life hidden from colleagues who would I was out of my tree). have just done the first batch of gooseberry and elderflower. have cordial dripping as i type.
I make chutney once a year at Christmas, and every year I say, "I really love doing this - next year I'm going to make loads of different chutneys and jams."
I've bought several books on the subject and there are some truly delicious recipes in there, but somehow, I just never seem to get around to it!
I made cheese scones for my daughter's birthday yesterday, does that count?
I've always fancied doing an OU course, but I'm not very good at studying - or even sitting still really.
Your allergy sounds nasty. How did you discover it was only white dogs you were allergic to? Sorry, if that's a silly question, I'm just curious!
With you on toast. I was thinking the same thing as Exmoorjane - perhaps you should have been a doctor!
I posted this on CCW for you but in case you missed it...You really must see, if you haven't already this film...http://www.amazon.fr/long-dimanche-fian%C3%A7ailles-Audrey-Tautou/dp/B0007OT2EO/ref=pd_bowtega_1/403-0611824-4061247?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1181497643&sr=1-1
as it has a barman with a rather fine artificial arm, and I know how you like a man with added extras! Not quite as cute as Loic but he does at least have two legs. I watched it again last night and thought of you as I realsied that actually the plot really is quiet up un peus street as it were!! The french version has englsih sub titles but I think it may be out in English too as "the long engagement" It is one of the best movies and set at least in part in Brittany. Do try and get it SBS if you can and let me know what you think. It is about a man well really only a boy lost in WWI very tragic but is handled with the droll humour that only the French manage! It even has farting dog jokes!
How come you allergic to white dogs, what is different in them to other coloured dogs!
Parish Council what joys they hold! We're continually told we'll get our 40mph signs but never come!
Very impressed with your studying OU, it shard way of doing things isn't it?
I'm also interested by the white dog thing - and does it work if they're white plus another colour. Also loved plain toast. And why would being an accountant mean people would laugh at you if you made jam? It's just mean...
Post a Comment