Well! You can stop writing in the dust for a start! I am beset with dust, there is an industrial sized sander suddering it's way up and down the bedroom, I've just emptied the bagless, all singing all dancing upright cleaner into the bin and cleaned out the flter thingy all over the aspidistra I put outside for a good draught hoping to clean that up a bit after spending most of its time in the vicinity of a dusty log burner. So that was a waste of time because it now looks worse than when I started. The bedroom floor however looks gorgeous and will hopefully varnished during this next week. Another job done.
I haven't been idle in my absence - far from it. A new local history book entitled Once Upon A Hill will be gracing local bookshops and numerous other outlets by the begining of December. What it won't show on its pages will be the tears of frustration that became rather the norm when we were using at least three incompatible computers, the day the computer ate a whole chapter, belched and lost the lot - 7 days work gone in an instant. If it hadn't have been for the computer assistance of Junior Shepherd who waded in, ordered us off to make strong tea, and took 3 hours to put everything back together again we would still be sitting wailing. It was frightening when he disappeared back to Uni and left us sailing alone in unchartered waters but we got there in the end.
So the end is in sight for the house renovations - it has only taken 14 years - big sigh and rolling of eyes heavenwards and in the words of Victor Meldrew - I dont belieeeeeeeeeve it. It has taken far longer than envisaged because what started as a renovation and tart up project ended up as the whole of the back of the house being rebuilt, the middle of the house being replastered after the heating sysyten leaked into the cavity wall space, a complete new heating system and at last we reached the bedroom last weekend! Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!

I have lost count of the street parties that we have partaken in over the summer months - any excuse puts the well oiled wheels in motion - the last one being November 5th, the next one being New Years Eve.
Sadly we have lost Dudley our little cat with the huge character. He was 14 and without warning his back legs went, he purred his way to sleep at the vets, that was a first for Dudley PURRING at the vets - usually they needed welding gauntlets to deal with him. The house seemed empty without his chirruping and growling, he followed me like a little dog and would sit by me for hours at a time whatever I was doing.
Meanwhile Skye had had her 2nd litter of puppies and I have to say they are the most cuddly docile puppies I have ever seen. They love people, love fuss and attention, and Weetabix - dont forget the Weetabix - I use 24 a day at the moment - yuk. They are all going to loving homes over the next couple of weeks with mum and Aunty Lucy heaving a huge sugh of relief I should imagine - except that they aren't all going ...........one is staying this time. A young lady who may be named Gwyneth - or something else female and Welsh. This will mark the end of puppy production because Skye will now be booked in to be speyed in the new year. I shall miss 'the Puppets' as I call them when I go out with their numerous trays of steaming weetabix.
So with book finished, house finished, knitting finished...what shall I do with myself? Hmmmm I'm sure I will think of something ........just watch this space!


9 comments:
Hellooooooo - what a nice surprise to see your name pop up with a post!
You've certainly been through the mill with the reno, puppies and book - wow...superwoman comes to mind.
What should you do for a follow-up? How about a trip to the Pacific North West of Canada?
May I join you, please, when you go to the Pacific North West of Canada, SBS??? Please, did we not envisage that long time ago?!
I am so pleased to see that you are well and alive and even with new books and puppies and a renovated house. Well done, I hope to hear soon that all is back to normal. And for this book: can one also order it through you or do I need to go to Bishop's Castle to find one? I make their publicity many times when going shopping with this well cherished bag :-).
Lovely to see you blogging. Such a busy lady...but I guess it takes one to know one :-) Will look out for the book. Hope to catch up with you soon.
Hugs,
A x
Hello! How lovely to see you blogging again. So sorry about the cat. I recognise that empty house feeling although of course that is to blame for the dog seeking missile who is now purring on the back of my chair. Can't imagine you will find time on your hands somehow!
Great to see you blogging again - I was going to say writing but that may have been a bit tactless - having been up to your ears in words, and more words, recently.
Welcome back and what a great post, I look forward to more. The book looks very impressive. I am sorry about the loss of your dear cat.
Hallo and welcome, SBS! So much here to chew on (like the puppies). Oh aren't they gorgeous! I can just imagine. Are they all black or some yellow? Beautiful smelly puppies. Sorry about the cat. That's sad. But I daresay she wouldn't have like the pups. My neighbour's cat is now 21 and showing her age but her legs and most of the rest of him are still OK. Well done on the book, I'll look out for it.
And of course we need pictures of the house-beautiful!!!!!!!
Hello!
I do believe you are the lovely lady who recently sent me a request on FB? Have been trying to find out who you are and now I think I have found you, if so could you please pop over to my blog page once you get there you will find I have moved house. Hope you are well and all your lovely animals too, so sorry to hear you lost your darling cat in 2011. Camillaxx
Post a Comment